Benefits of joining
Just some of the reasons to join WineGB South East include:
- Attend our social events, including a summer BBQ, harvest celebration and our AGM/Technical Conference
- Attend our regional forums for vineyard managers, winemakers and wine business, set up for commercial members with vineyards/wineries
- Meet other members, network, and share knowledge and information
- Opportunities to take part in the WineGB Trade Tasting on our WineGB South East regional trade stand
- A free copy of the Grapevine Symptoms Guide (one per producer)
- Opportunity for commercial producers open to the public to have an entry in the regional Wine Visitors’ Guide for London & the South East
- Put yourself forward as a Regional Committee member
All South East members are also members of WineGB, the national body. WineGB benefits include:
- Technical expertise, support and guidance on all aspects of the wine industry
- WineGB’s voice in Government campaigning on the industry’s behalf to secure support for the sector including tourism, education, planning and economic development
- News bulletins, marketing and technical updates and publications
- Training and education across all skills within the industry are promoted by WineGB to its members to ensure the future success of our industry
- Activities & Campaigns – WineGB has developed a comprehensive generic marketing strategy to raise the profile of the industry and spread awareness both in the UK and overseas. From user-pays events to industry initiatives, training and support, there is plenty for members to get involved in.
- WineGB Trade Tasting: opportunities for members to show case their wines to the wine audience of trade buyers, journalists and influencers (user pay event)
- WineGB Awards: opportunity of entering WineGB’s national competition judged by highly professional teams of judges led by Susie Barrie MW and Oz Clarke OBE (user pay event). Winners are showcased at WineGB events and through the online Trade Catalogue.
- Involvement in English Wine Week – a great chance to showcase and promote vineyards and wines to consumers and the trade through local pubs, restaurants, hotels and retail outlets.
- The opportunity to join the Sustainable Wines of Great Britain scheme
More information about the many benefits you’ll get from WineGB, our national body, can be found at the WineGB website (link below).
“WineGB South East has proved a valuable resource to Gusbourne over the years. It provides a useful forum to share best viticulture, winemaking, and commercial practice. Most importantly it provides access and support to the WineGB membership – vital networking opportunities within what is a vibrant community.”
CEO and Winemaker, Gusbourne
What our members say about belonging to WineGB South East
Special forums for Wine Business, Vinegrowing and Winemaking
See a list of our current member vineyards and wineries
About, aims & how to join
Find out how we work, who can join, our structure and how to join
Meet the team
Meet the WineGB South East Chair, Secretary and Committee members
Find out about our networking, social and learning opportunities